Public service announcements (PSAs) are powerful tools for promoting the message that prevention works, treatment is effective, and recovery is possible. Recovery Month prepares PSAs in multiple time durations for radio and television in both English and Spanish.
Use the following PSAs produced in 2017 to generate media interest for recovery efforts and to alter public attitudes surrounding mental and/or substance use disorders and their impact on affected family members.
Public service announcements are not time sensitive and can be used any time of the year and in future years. View PSAs from previous years.
Watch and share the Recovery Month 2017 TV PSAs on YouTube in English or Spanish.
- Watch Connections (20 seconds) in English or Spanish
- Watch Connections (30 seconds) in English or Spanish
- Watch Diner (20 seconds) in English or Spanish
- Watch Diner (30 seconds) in English or Spanish
- Listen to Connections (20 seconds) in English or Spanish
- Listen to Connections (30 seconds) in English or Spanish
- Listen to Diner (20 seconds) in English or Spanish
- Listen to Diner (30 seconds) in English or Spanish
Having problems accessing radio PSAs? Try right-clicking a link and saving to your preferred location on your device. Find more information and troubleshooting tips for viewing.
How Can I Use PSAs to Promote Recovery Month?
PSAs are not time sensitive and can be used any time of the year. Use these PSAs in conjunction with advertising your event, as well as year-round to encourage individuals to seek recovery services.
Promote the Recovery Month television and radio PSAs by using the following strategies:
- Call local television and radio outlets and request that they play the PSAs. Conduct an online search to find your local station’s contact information, and remember to ask for the PSA director when you call.
- Play the PSAs, in English and Spanish, at your Recovery Month events.
- Include a link on your website or in promotional materials to the PSAs housed on the Recovery Month website, Facebook page, and YouTube channel, and embed them directly on your website.
- Send an email blast to supporters with the PSAs, including detailed information about how they, too, can help promote them.
Broadcasters may download the television and radio PSAs along with the closed captionings (CC), or receive the files by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 240-276-2750. Please specify whether you would like radio and/or television PSAs.
You will receive SAMHSA-branded PSAs as well as open-ended versions that can be tailored for a particular audience, both available in English and Spanish. You can also use the Web version of the PSA on your website, Facebook page, or YouTube channel. Go to the Recovery Month YouTube channel and share it as an embedded video.
The PSAs are freely available for public use without permission from, or charge by, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and SAMHSA. Therefore, their use by anyone should not be construed as an endorsement of the views, opinions, programs, or activities of the user, nor as a reflection of the views of HHS or SAMHSA.