We are a policy advocacy movement that is taking on issues of discrimination, social justice and service access.
We are also a public and professional education movement, intent on challenging stigma. We do this by delivering messages of hope to the cultures of addiction within our systems and treatment.
What we hope to show via the walks and Faces & Voices of Recovery UK is
- There is viable and varied recovery solutions for alcohol and other drug problems.
- We are examples of real people who illustrate the diversity of those recovery solutions.
- We can challenge any public attempt to dehumanise, objectify and demonise those with alcohol and other drug problems.
- Advocate for variety, availability, and quality of local/regional treatment and recovery support services.
- Advocate for barriers to recovery, including the promotion of laws and social policies that reduce alcohol and other drug problems and support recovery for those suffering from alcohol and other drug problems.