To celebrate National Recovery Month, Addiction Treatment Services of Traverse City is calling for members of the Northern Michigan community to attend this recovery celebration event. We will be having an evening of short films.
All are welcome, this event is intended for people in or seeking recovery, family, friends, allies, and supporters from all walks of life. Those who attend can expect:
• An opportunity to connect and share in the strength, hope, and celebration of those in recovery and those who support them
• Screenings of several short films intended to entertain, educate, and inspire our recovery community (snacks and refreshments will be available)
• A brief community report and Q & A following up on the findings of the Rethinking Addiction Conference and Workshop that was held in Traverse City on 8/24/17 (learn more at rethinkingaddiction.org)
• A look ahead at the “Rethinking Addiction Action Plan” that outlines Northern Michigan specific action steps for how they can get involved in the movement to end addiction in Northern Michigan
• A few additional surprises!
Type of Event:
Special Celebrations (Special Celebrations - Celebrates people in recovery, lauds the contributions of treatment and service)