There are many other ways you can support and promote Recovery Month:
- Use the 2015 Recovery Month Toolkit to increase awareness of the power of recovery and find tools and resources for your program.
- Spread the word about your Recovery Month event by posting it to the Recovery Month Events Calendar.
- Link to the Recovery Month website from your website, and bookmark the site on computers in your organization, school, or library so that more people can access reliable mental and/or substance use treatment information.
- Download graphics such as banners, logos, and flyers that you can use on your website or for your events to help spread the message that prevention works, treatment is effective, and recovery is possible.
- Repurpose public service announcements to generate media interest for recovery efforts and to alter public attitudes surrounding mental and/or substance use disorders and their impact on affected family members.
- Encourage your local government officials to sign a proclamation that designates September as National Recovery Month.