Voices for Recovery
I have 21 years of personal long-term recovery and now have a Master Degree in Addiction Studies and work in the field of Behavioral Health and conduct trainings across the country. I have 10 principles that I created for myself and live by. They are as follows:
- Give grace liberally!
- Recovery is about what you get, not what you give up!
- Celebrate every victory regardless of size!
- Surround yourself with tough day people!
- Adversity reveals things!
- Develop staying power!
- Always check the brush for the full story!
- There are reasons for rules!
- See the person, not the disease!
- Recovery takes time!