Recovery Month Twitter Chat on Open Enrollment and the Affordable Care Act
Recovery Month Twitter Chat on Open Enrollment and the Affordable Care Act – July 18, 1:00 p.m. EDT
In March 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law, putting in place reforms that improve access to affordable health care for many Americans. Enrollment in the new health insurance marketplaces is set to begin in October, and Recovery Month is hosting a Twitter chat to answer questions about eligibility, enrollment, and how the Affordable Care Act affects recovery support services.
The Twitter chat on open enrollment and the Affordable Care Act will take place on Thursday, July 18, at 1 p.m. EDT and will answer questions about the application process, eligibility, and how the Affordable Care Act relates to mental and substance use disorder services. Host Kevin Malone, Public Health Analyst at SAMHSA, will join to answer questions and share his expertise. We will be hosting the chat from the @RecoveryMonth Twitter handle (https://twitter.com/recoverymonth) using the hashtag #RecoveryChat. You can follow along and contribute to the Twitter chat dialogue by using the designated hashtag #RecoveryChat to track and signify your participation in the conversation. We encourage you to share your questions and comments on the Affordable Care Act.
If you are not available for the chat, tweet your questions to @RecoveryMonth in advance, using the hashtag #RecoveryChat. If you aren’t on Twitter, but would like to participate, post your questions or thoughts on the Recovery Month Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/RecoveryMonth) or send questions in an email to email@example.com. A recap of the chat will also be available on the SAMHSA blog (http://blog.samhsa.gov/) following the event.
If you are new to Twitter chats, you can use the following steps to sign up and participate:
- Create a Twitter account at Twitter.com (https://twitter.com/).
- Search for the @RecoveryMonth Twitter page (https://twitter.com/RecoveryMonth) and click “follow.”
- Sign in to your Twitter account on Thursday, July 18th at 1 p.m. EDT and search #RecoveryChat in Twitter’s search bar.
- Save the #RecoveryChat search term to follow the ongoing dialogue.
- To participate in the Twitter chat, tweet your comment or question and include the hashtag #RecoveryChat. Then click refresh to view your tweet.
Keywords: Recovery Month, twitter, chat, open, enrollment, affordable, care, act